Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Black Bean Sauce Chicken

Chinese-style Black Bean Sauce Chicken

Check Out: Ginger Scallions Chicken

Note: This was first posted in Sep 2008, now updated with new photos and improved recipe.

This is a classic Chinese recipe for stir-fried chicken in a savoury black bean sauce. The savoury sauce is so addictive that I will usually cook extra rice to enjoy the sauce. The bell peppers give colour and extra nutrition to the dish. Black bean sauce is very versatile, and you can use it to stir-fry many dishes, including my favourite Claypot Yong Tau Foo in Black Bean Sauce.

Chinese-style Black Bean Sauce Chicken

28 Responses to “Black Bean Sauce Chicken”

1 2 3
  1. SueSue — September 6, 2008 @ 9:41 pm

Yummy… looking at it I am starting to drools.

2. Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) — September 6, 2008 @ 10:09 pm

Chicken with fermented black beans is one of my favorite restaurant dishes, but often when I eat it in restaurants, it’s very salty. Nice to make your own, so you can control how salty the dish is. And of course I always make it a little bit hot and spicy, too!

3. Fearless Kitchen — September 6, 2008 @ 10:28 pm

This looks delicious. I bet it would be a great weeknight dish!

4. Rachel — September 7, 2008 @ 7:46 am

Your photographs look so clear and lovely. The chicken with black beans and peppers beckons.

5. beachloverkitchen — September 7, 2008 @ 1:45 pm

look so yummy!.I love black bean sauce too,just bought a can of dried black bean.Looking at your photo make me hungry!!

6. Little Corner of Mine — September 7, 2008 @ 11:14 pm

Wow, I love this and this dish of yours look really delicious.

7. [eatingclub] vancouver || js — September 8, 2008 @ 5:00 am

You’ve been tagged for a question meme!

8. skinnymum — September 8, 2008 @ 9:20 am

Hi,

Looks and I bet taste, yummy too. My younger girl love all things black beans, she will be thrilled. Will be making this dish for dinner. Hopefully it turns out. I am a klutz where cooking is concerned.

Awesome blog – keep it up!

Cheers!

9. Ning — September 8, 2008 @ 12:27 pm

Chicken with bell peppers! Another delicious and healthy dish! Thanks for sharing :)

10. didally — September 8, 2008 @ 3:10 pm

Nice dish with fermented black beans. I made a version with fermented beancurd, not too bad. :P

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Grow Your Own #16 - The Round Up | NoobCook.com

2. Pingback: Yong Tau Foo in Black Bean Sauce Recipe

3. Pingback: Black Bean Sauce Chicken & Peppers Recipe | Spring Tomorrow Spring Tomorrow Black Bean Sauce Chicken & Peppers Recipe | Spring Tomorrow | Singapore Food, Cooking & Lifestyle Blog | Savouring the Little Moments in Life