Baked Cheesy Bolognese Pasta
Baked Cheesy Bolognese Pasta Recipe
Even though this is not a traditional Italian recipe, the melty cheese goes so well with the Bolognese meat sauce. If you make your own Bolognese sauce, freeze the extras to cook this dish quickly and effortlessly.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 100 grams penne or other favourite pasta
- 300 grams bolognese sauce (see recipe here) if frozen, thaw before use
- 100 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley or dried parsley flakes
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water, 2 minutes less than the timing on the package. Drain pasta.
- Combine cooked pasta with bolognese sauce. Divide pasta into two individual serving sizes, oven-safe baking dishes. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted. Garnish with parsley before serving.