MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe Durian Cream Puff Recipe

Baked Camembert Pasta

Baked Camembert Pasta
Baked Camembert Cheese (front) with Pasta (background) – Jamie Oliver’s Recipe

I was looking through my photo archives and realised that I’ve yet to put up this recipe though I’ve made the dish 5 months ago, in April. I bought some really affordable and good quality cheese from the Dairy Cheese Farm at Margaret River, Western Australia when I was there in March (that’s another backdated post that I’ll try to publish soon). And one of the cheese which I purchased is the Camembert. I’ve been curious about what this particular cheese tastes like and cheese being much cheaper in Australia than in Singapore, I felt a little adventurous and lugged back some really good tasting cheese to try out. This recipe is from Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food, one of my fave cookbooks. The concept of Ministry of Food is to encourage people to cook more in their kitchen, hence there are a lot of free recipes on the website where Jamie Oliver encouraged people to “pass it on”.

I’ll do my job passing it on by sharing the recipe from the cookbook (I think this recipe wasn’t featured on the site).

Ingredients
(serves 4-6)

- a box of Camembert Cheese (250g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, pick the leaves off the woody stalk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- 400g dried rigatoni
- 150g fresh spinach

Directions

1. Open the box of cheese and unwrap it. Place it back to the wooden container (Note: mine did not come in a wooden container so I placed it in a oven safe dish like what you see in the photo).
2. Score a circle into the top of the skin, then lift it off and discard.
3. Lay the garlic slices on top of the cheese, sprinkle some pepper and drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil.
4. Scatter the rosemary leaves over the top and gently pat with your fingers to coat them in the oil.
5. Bake the cheese in a preheated oven of 180C (350F) for about 25 minutes, until golden and melted.
6. When the cheese has 10 minutes left to cook, add the pasta to the pan and cook according to packet instructions.
7. When the pasta is cooked, add the spinach to the pan – it only needs cooking for 10 seconds or so.
8. Drain the pasta and spinach to the pan and let it wilt.
9. Drizzle with a couple of good lugs of extra virgin olive oil and add the grated Parmesan. If the sauce is too thick for you, add a splash of reserved cooking water to thin out a bit. Season with salt and pepper and give it a good stir.
10. Remove the cheese from the oven. Divide the pasta between your serving bowls. Either drizzle the melted Camembert on top or pop cheese on the table and let everyone help themselves to a lovely, gooey spoonful.

Baked Camembert Pasta
Baked Camembert Pasta

52 Responses to “Baked Camembert Pasta”

1. HoppingHammy — September 28, 2009 @ 12:08 am

This sounds like great comfort food. :XO: I’ve never heard of Camembert cheese before, but wish I could sample what it tastes like….sounds yummy!

The photos make it look so rich, and the cute polka-dotted punchi punchi napkins add just enough color to the photograph, without being overbearing. :up:

• wiffy replied: — September 29th, 2009 @ 10:06 am

Oh yes u r right… I think we are both attracted to punchi punchi stuff, that’s why we are friends! :D

2. petite nyonya — September 28, 2009 @ 2:00 pm

Hi wiffy, got an award for you. Do come pick it up from my blog. Cheers!

3. tracieMoo — September 28, 2009 @ 8:41 pm

looks cheesyly delicious!

4. Ching — September 28, 2009 @ 11:48 pm

How interesting!

5. The Little Teochew — September 29, 2009 @ 5:51 pm

I think it’s better to serve the pasta with cheese already drizzled … cos everyone might just fight over the cheese if they were to help themselves. Such a lovely and simple dish. Thanks for sharing this :)

• wiffy replied: — September 30th, 2009 @ 3:52 pm

haha, I didn’t think of that. How true :D

6. mycookinghut — September 30, 2009 @ 3:27 am

I love camembert but never had it with pasta! Good idea!!

7. food-4tots — September 30, 2009 @ 9:56 am

I haven’t tried camembert before. Tks for sharing such a simple yet delicious recipe. I think the melted camembert will be gone before the pasta is served. Hehehe!

• wiffy replied: — September 30th, 2009 @ 3:52 pm

Yeah, therefore as little teochew has advised, should serve it with the cheese … lol :D

8. Janet @Gourmet Traveller88 — September 30, 2009 @ 10:40 am

Your pasta is very unique. I am now in Hong Kong, just a few hours away from you. Greetings :)

• wiffy replied: — September 30th, 2009 @ 3:50 pm

woah u have been jetting about! Have a good trip. Hope u drop by Singapore next time ;)

9. tigerfish — September 30, 2009 @ 1:20 pm

You bought some cheese back from AUS to SGP? Did your luggage smell? ;p

• wiffy replied: — September 30th, 2009 @ 3:50 pm

Yeah I think I smelt nicer than it originally was :| :D

10. chocolate shavings — October 1, 2009 @ 8:45 pm

I love the concept of transmitting recipes, that’s what food is all about! That baked Camembert sounds amazing!

• wiffy replied: — October 2nd, 2009 @ 8:53 pm

Thanks for your kind words. Yea that’s what food and food blogs are about ;)