About

Hi, I’m wiffy the Noob Cook. I’m from the sunny city of Singapore.

Welcome to my recipes blog! I enjoy cooking even though I don’t think I’m very good at it. Being a noob* at cooking doesn’t, however, deter me from entering the kitchen and trying to whip up a storm. In this blog, I feature recipes of the successful dishes I’ve made. Hopefully, my bravery in entering the kitchen and showcasing the recipes will be an inspiration to other noobs out there.

* In case you are wondering what noob means, here are some of the applicable definitions at urban dictionary:

Being a Noob Cook doesn’t mean we eat in all the time! Noob Cook Reviews (sister site) is a personal blog of our eat-out and travel escapades, where we share our foodie and travel finds with our readers. All featured reviews and content on Noob Cook Reviews site are explored at our own expense and recreation (non sponsored).

Copyright

This site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Please mention recipe source with a clickable link back to the original recipe page. E.g. Recipe from <link to recipe url>Noob Cook</link>.

Privacy Policy

Click here.

Advertising

Noob Cook only works directly with a sponsor company (no PR agencies) and is currently not managed by any third-party blogger or talent agency. Noob Cook does not cover media events or attend invited restaurant reviews. We also do not sell inventory for text links. Guest posting is by invitation only. If you would like to work with Noob Cook to promote your brand, please contact me here.

184 Responses to “About”

1. MK — December 10, 2013 @ 8:51 am

Hi Wiffy! Wondering if I could get permission to reprint one of your amazing recipes? Please drop an email at your convenience. Thanks!

2. Daphne — January 3, 2014 @ 2:30 pm

Hi Wiffy,

congratulations on the launch of your new site! It looks great! Thank you so much for posting all these wonderful and easy to follow recipes. I’ve using your website since I got my own place (2 yrs!) and your recipes never fail me. I never thought i’d be able to go beyond cooking instant noodles and here i am now roasting chickens and cooking soup with confidence! thank you!!!

• wiffy replied: — January 3rd, 2014 @ 5:40 pm

thank you :) glad to hear you are cooking up a storm!

3. Theresa — January 9, 2014 @ 10:27 pm

Dear Wiffy,

Came across your website while searching for sesame oil chicken and ‘orh nee’ recipes. Found it has many interesting recipes that make me water. But I’m still looking for an easy ‘orh nee’ recipe. Since this is quite a popular dessert, do you mind sharing a recipe that is easy to make?

Thank you.

4. YF — January 17, 2014 @ 8:18 pm

Hi Wiffy, your blog has been a life saver for a noob mom and homemaker who has never done any decent cooking before. In fact many recipes published here have been my childhood food, thanks to you that I am able to relive some of the taste that is very close to my heart. And talking about inspiring other noobs, congrats you’ve done it, and very well! =)

• wiffy replied: — January 21st, 2014 @ 11:44 am

thanks for your encouragement, I’m glad you find the recipes handy :)

5. Ai Lin — January 27, 2014 @ 5:27 am

Hi! Wiffy,
    I live in Sorrento Italy for past 35 years. I got to know NOOBCOOK for past 2 years. I must thank you for all the receipes you publish. I never knew how to cook chinese, now I’m able to with all your simple and useful methods. Very very helpful!!! Keep it up and good luck

6. Mark Preston — February 7, 2014 @ 6:09 am

May I use your picture of sweet and salty mei cai? From your page: http://www.noobcook.com/mei-cai-kou-rou/2/

Can you say why it is termed: “sweet”? Does this mean fresh or non-salted or non-fermented or not pickled?

7. Mandy — February 12, 2014 @ 11:06 am

Hi Wiffy,

Drop a message in your Facebook so I’m not sure if you received it. I would like to discuss with you on possible collaboration. Could you kindly drop me an email when you can.

Thanks.

8. iris — February 13, 2014 @ 11:17 pm

Hi Wiffy,

Can u pls do a receipe for salted vegetables?
    The salted vegetables that they usually offer with bak ku teh.

Have been wanting to learn for so long.
    Can u pls teach us with your simple and easy to follow instructions?

Thanks!!!!

• wiffy replied: — February 17th, 2014 @ 11:13 am

I have a recipe for steamed mui choy at http://www.noobcook.com/mei-cai-kou-rou/ I think it goes well with bak kut teh. For salted vegetables, I hope to try it in future and post if successful. Thanks for the suggestion.

9. ashley — February 14, 2014 @ 11:50 am

Hi Wiffy,

I have been following your recipes and they are always successful! Thank you for your recipes. My all time favourite (and I have cooked it numerous times) is the black pepper beef stir fry! Absolutely delicious and my bf adores it!

Thank you! I’m a big fan!

Love,
    Ashley

• wiffy replied: — February 17th, 2014 @ 11:11 am

Thank you and happy cooking! :)

10. Karl77 — March 19, 2014 @ 3:17 pm

I enjoy cooking all the time, cooking is easy, fun and very rewarding.