Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Easy Baked Scallops

Easy Baked Scallops Recipe

Check Out: Scallops Aglio Olio Recipe

As a scallop lover, I really enjoy this easy and minimalistic way of baking scallops – just olive oil, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. This was inspired by tigerfish’s oven-baked Spanish-style shrimps which was a love-at-first-sight dish to me. But I have been such a complete sloth in cooking recently that I did not even want to prepare prawns, so I adapted the recipe with scallops instead. The result was amazing.

Easy Baked Scallops + Spaghetti = Meal ♥

Baked Scallops + Spaghetti = Meal ♥

The juices from cooking the scallops is good stuff and it be a sin to not make good of it. So I usually make a small portion of pasta, toss it with the baked scallops and parsley … voila! – an amazingly easy and delicious one-dish meal is born.

36 Responses to “Easy Baked Scallops”

1. Nasi Lemak Lover — April 19, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

quick and look yummy!

2. tigerfish — April 20, 2011 @ 8:02 am

Haha, glad you like it! I have been cooking “like that” for the past weeks till NOW. In fact, dinner today will be all “steamed-to-cook”. The less time, attention, “eyeballing” behind the stove, the better for me. Some upcoming posts in my blog will show…hee hee.

I have not tried the lemon pepper personally. But I think it goes really well with seafood like this :)

3. daphne — April 20, 2011 @ 8:15 am

Simple and clean flavours. Quick and easy! Love how it will go well with anything! even a simple cooked pasta!

4. Pepy @Indonesia Eats — April 20, 2011 @ 9:01 am

Ooo so yummy!!!

5. norma — April 21, 2011 @ 2:10 am

I see you get your herbs from Trade Joe’s. I love TJ’s and now I have two in Manhattan. You are not kidding when you say simple. I can have a dinner party in minutes with this. Nex time my husband invited people at the last minute, this is what on the menu.

6. lisaiscooking — April 21, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

I love quick and easy it is to prepare scallops–and how delicious they are! The lemon pepper sounds great with them too.

7. claypotclub — April 23, 2011 @ 7:40 am

I love scallops. I get the diver picked ones and sear them over high heat with a little bit of salt, leaving the center rare. If they’re fresh enough, you can even have them as sashimi.

8. mycookinghut — April 23, 2011 @ 9:42 pm

I am a big fan of scallops… quick and simple, just the way I like it! :)

9. HoppingHammy — April 24, 2011 @ 9:46 pm

Saw a sneak peek of this dish on flickr. Beautiful! ^_^

10. Sam Pugeda — April 25, 2011 @ 4:06 am

I love how quick and simple this dish is. Scallops is one of my favorite seafoods. You can never go wrong with garlic and lemony flavors.